An enduring power of attorney may be able to be signed by someone to appoint a person to handle welfare and property matters provided the appointor has legal capacity. Where a person has already lost capacity to sign an enduring power of attorney, it may be necessary to obtain court orders for someone else to manage that person's property affairs and to make welfare decisions.

Maria and Amanda web res

We can assist you with obtaining court orders to appoint a welfare guardian and/or property managers where there is medical evidence that a loved one lacks capacity to make decisions about their property and wellbeing. This can be a difficult and complicated scenario, however our team of experts can advise you with understanding and discretion.